Header Graphic



Frequently Asked Questions

about the Personal Excess Liability Insurance administered

by Equisure, Inc. for Association Resource Group (ARG) and their affiliates


When does my personal excess insurance start and end? The coverage starts when your membership is approved and the premium is paid to Equisure. Coverage ends 12:01 am on December 31st of every calendar year.

If my membership starts in June, when will my insurance coverage start? Your insurance will also start the month you purchase your membership. For example, you will have coverage for approximately 7 months if you joined in June and coverage for 12 months if you joined in January. In both cases the coverage will end 12:01 am on December 31st.

How can I get a copy of the Master Policy? You should contact Equisure directly with proof of your membership and request a copy of the Master Policy or email your request to info@equisure-inc.com. The Master Policy may not be posted on your association websites or reproduced without prior written consent from the management of Equisure.

Do members get anything showing proof of coverage? Yes. Your group will be provided with certificates of Insurance (a brief summary of coverages, conditions and exclusions), these may be distributed only to members. Like the Master Policy, the Certificate of Insurance may not be posted on websites or reproduced in any fashion without written consent from Equisure.

How would this insurance apply if I have homeowners insurance? This policy is excess over any other valid and collectible underlying insurance. If you have underlying insurance, such as homeowners/farm insurance, this policy is excess over that insurance. If you have no other underlying insurance this policy would become primary.

I am a trainer and run a horse breeding operation, does this insurance provide coverage for my business? No. Coverage for equestrian businesses and business related activities are excluded from the personal excess policy. Please contact Equisure for more information or to purchase Professional and/or General Liability insurance for your equine training activity and/or any other equine business operation.

If my horse is boarded away from my residence, would this policy provide coverage? Yes, on an excess basis, any other insurance is primary. This policy provides coverage for equine related incidences away from your residence for which you are personally liable or negligent.

If I lend my horse to someone to ride, how would coverage apply? This policy would be excess but you would have coverage for bodily injury and/or property damage to a third party for an equine related incident caused by a horse you own for which you are held legally liable.

Is my horse covered if it dies? No. This policy does not provide animal mortality coverage for horses you own. Equine Mortality/Major Medical Insurance can be purchased by calling Equisure (800-752-2472) or internet quote request at www.equisure-inc.com.

How are insureds defined? Family Membership: includes "you", your resident spouse and your children under 18 years of age. The each occurrence limit is the most we will pay for the sum of damages claimed against you, your resident spouse and your resident children under 18 years of age.

Individual Membership: The Each Occurrence Limit is the most we will pay for the sum of damages claimed against you arising out of one occurrence. 

For any claim to be considered, the member(s) must have a valid membership and be in good standing with the affiliate of Association Resource Group. The General Aggregate limit is the most we will pay for the sum of all damages claimed.

I fell off my horse and broke my arm, would this policy provide coverage for this? No, not under the Personal Excess Policy. This is not a medical insurance policy. You would have to have your own health or accident insurance.

What limits are provided by this policy? The coverage limit provided under this policy is a per household limit and is shared by all member of the same residence.

$1,000,000 aggregate limit ~ $1,000,000 per occurrence limit

Can I increase the limits provided by this policy? No.

Can I add an additional insured to this policy? This policy provides personal excess liability insurance for you. It does not allow for the addition of additional insureds. If your barn has questions about the insurance provided, please phone Equisure. If needed, you can purchase Primary Equine Liability insurance for owned horses on a primary basis and add an additional insured.

What should I do if I think I have a claim? 1. Immediately document all the details about the incident. 2. Get the names and phone numbers for any witness(es). 3. Do not admit fault or make any monetary payment. 4. Contact Equisure at 800-752-2472.

For any additional questions please contact Equisure, Inc.

Phone 800-752-2472 or Fax 303-614-6967

Email: diane@equisure-inc.com

Visit us on the web at www.equisure-inc.com

Re: 11/2016